East coast ocean and the greatest cod fish

“I appreciated you are here. But there are a lot of things I don’t know what to do.” She paused while looking out at the evening ocean. The sun set to the west, evening light shone at the coconut trees and rocks and the hawker stalls, casting shadow upon us.

“I’m okay with it. Just don’t worry about anything.” I said, looking at her face while she still had her eyes fixed to the distant horizon then she smiled at me.

She picked up a stick from sand just beside the log we were sitting on, whacked it a few times before started to draw something onto the white sand, my name in capital letters. At my turn, I drew her initial just beside my name. She burst into cry. I held her in my arms when she cried. For how long of a time, I wasn’t too sure, my shirt was half drenched with her tears and I could feel her warm breaths rushed to my chest and down to my belly, that it sometimes exchanged with the cooling sea breeze.

Sun set upon us, yet nothing turned out our way. Life just goes on with lot of memories, one on top of another, until the oldest memory fades away and be forgotten.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My oversized shoes

Simply beautiful voice

The ugly face