Chee Cheung Fun & Chinese Mochi with Sesame

“I don’t really follow the game, but I support Germany” She said. Our conversation can touch a lot of aspects and categories; it was world cup season, so I guess it’s quite normal and natural the content of our conversation could have some elements of that. Like driving in a small town, anywhere you go, you will eventually come back to the main street road.

“Oh, me too. I think a lot of people are buying Germany. They need to win this match.” I commented. Sitting in the living room, I just finished my instant meal. Afternoon, I invited her to have dinner together, maybe the same old town? I suggested to myself. It was too late, she has got appointment. Then she told me there is no U-turn to things that she has made promise – a girl who always hold true to her word. “Want to bet about the match?” I asked, coming back to our conversation.

“It’s like how?? I don’t really know about football.” the word appeared from another side of the line. I can’t see her expression or her face, but most of the time she can be quite enthusiastic in her expression, even personally. Another friend was telling me that she can get very excited of many things, which I think it’s quite true. I nodded to myself. She can be quite cold sometimes though, it depends on timing. Cold Mountain.

“Each of us gets a team, let say you side Germany and I side Argentina.”

“But I thought you are siding Germany too? That is conflict!”

“Hmm, okay. Let’s create our betting rule then.” I suggested.

“Is that possible? Can we do that?”

“And why not. Since only two of us betting here, we can create any rule we want.” I said in a tone that as if sound like who were going to chase me for bending the rules. Really, it was just two of us, no one will protest about its fairness or something and I was happily thinking of the rule. No third person can criticize about that anyway.

“Okay, teach me how it works” She replied then continued again “I don’t know about football, so don’t try to con me okay?”

“It’s very simple. We guess the score of the end result, like 2 – 1 or 2 – 0 or 2 – 2 draw, something like that. Each of us can pick 3 possible results and see who hits the lottery for the final score. For your case, you support Germany, you can pick 2 – 0 or 3 – 1 or 1 – 0 then I can pick 2 – 1 or 1 – 2 or 0 – 1.”

“Hmm, let me think. There is a lot of possibilities – Germany might lose also, then I will lose to you too!”

“Things are always like that what.” I nodded to myself.

“What if I lose to you??”

“Then it means you lose, pay your debt then” I replied and smile to myself.

“Nooooo, cannot!!” Her word came from the screen “I’m not experienced you see, you might be betting on results with bigger winning possibility, you might know it already, who knows?”

“Hmm, then how do you want it to be like?”

“You bet on a result, the rest you’re not betting are belongs to me...”

“Whoa!! That is so fair of you; you sure win the bet then?”

“What’s the problem with that? You don’t like it, do you?”

“Sure no problem...”

That night I bet on 2 – 1, which is Germany and Argentina respectively, the rest were belong to her. The final score was 1 – 1 draw, but Germany won the match in penalty kick, and any other results other than my buy, I would lose. For the prize of the winner, she will have a treat of mango flavor dessert which still hasn’t come true yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My oversized shoes

Simply beautiful voice

The ugly face